Chloe Smith, Member of Parliament for Norwich North has urged local charities and community groups to consider applying for a share of over £4 million of funding raised by players of People’s Postcode Lottery. Applications for the latest round of funding are now open and will close on the 28th August.
Both charities and community groups are eligible to apply for the grants of between £500 and £20,000.
The funding will be allocated through one of three Trusts, which support different categories of projects:
- People’s Postcode Trust seeks applications for projects that focus on the prevention of poverty, promotion of human rights, equal rights and conflict resolution for some of society’s most vulnerable groups.
- Postcode Local Trust supports wildlife, sustainability, play areas and green spaces.
- Postcode Community Trust focuses on grass-roots sports, arts, recreation and healthy living programmes.
Over 400 projects were awarded with grants in the last funding round. With previously funded projects ranging from sports clubs, to mental health groups, to wildlife conservation charities, this is a fantastic opportunity for groups to access funding to make a difference in the local community.
“I know many local charities and community groups do fantastic work on very limited budgets but securing extra funds can make a huge difference both for the charity and the local people it supports. I thus urge all local charities and groups to consider making an application to this funding raised by players of the People’s Postcode Lottery and to do so now. It is not difficult to make an application so I hope as many local groups as possible get involved.”
Clara Govier, Head of Charities at People’s Postcode Lottery, said:
“ More than £4 million injected into grass roots projects across Great Britain will have a tremendous impact in local communities. Between the three Trusts, a very wide range of causes are supported, so I’d urge groups to have a look at the websites to see where their project fits – no matter how big or small – and get applying.”
Players of People’s Postcode Lottery have so far raised more than £221.2 million to date for over 3,000 good causes across Great Britain and internationally.
For more information on how to apply for funding, please visit the Trusts’ websites:
More information on the People’s Postcode Lottery:
- People’s Postcode Lottery is a charity lottery. Players play with their postcodes to win cash prizes, while raising money for charities and good causes across Great Britain and globally
- A minimum of 31% goes directly to charities and players have raised £221.2 Million for good causes across the country
- £10 for 10 draws paid monthly in advance with prizes every day. For further prize information visit: www.postcodelottery.co.uk/prizes
- Maximum amount a single ticket can win is 10% of the draw revenue to a maximum of £400,000
- Players can sign up by Direct Debit, credit card or PayPal online at www.postcodelottery.co.uk, or by calling 0808 10-9-8-7-6-5
- Postcode Lottery Limited is regulated by the Gambling Commission under licences number: 000-000829-N-102511-014 and Number: 000-000829-R-102513-013. Registered office: Titchfield House, 69/85 Tabernacle Street, London, EC2A 4RR
- People’s Postcode Lottery manages multiple society lotteries promoted by different charities. For details on which society lottery is running each week, visit www.postcodelottery.co.uk/society